In October 2012, for the very first time, the US Saddle Seat Young Rider Team application process got under way. 60 Applications were received from around the country, and from multiple Saddle Seat Breed members. After an extensive review the following 12 riders were selected to be part of the 2013 US Saddle Seat Young Rider Team.
- Caroline Cherry/15/Encinitas, CA
- Courtney McGinnis/15/Fishers, IN
- Allison Schuh/18/Seymour, WI
- Kristen Smith/19/Crestwood, KY
- Lila Tatar/16/ El Cajon, CA
- Mary Mag Wilson/16/Scottsdale, AZ (alternate)
- Katherine Bosworth/16/Greenville, SC
- Emily Gutenkunst/17/Pewaukee, WI
- Eleanor Rainbolt-Forbes/14/Oklahoma City, OK
- William Nalty/14/Metairie, LA
- Marjorie Townsend/17/Kansas City, MO
- Shelby Hader/16/Menomonee Falls, WI (alternate)
The United States Equestrian Federation (USEF) formed the US Saddle Seat Young Rider Team with the purpose of developing riders for future US Saddle Seat World Cup competitions. During years that the Saddle Seat World Cup competition is not held, members of the Young Rider Team will be eligible to represent the United States in other international competitions. This 2013 Team will represent the U.S. in an International Saddle Seat Invitational with South Africa and Canada April 4-6, 2013, at William Woods University in Fulton, MO.
Unlike the selection process for the US Saddle Seat World Cup Team, riders did not attend live tryouts to be selected. Instead, the selection of riders was based on application, video, and reference letter submissions.
The coaches for the Team have been selected and are going through the approval process now. They will be announced in the coming weeks.
If you are interested in suppporting the team or for more information, please contact any of the following National Affiliates staff members:
- Lori Nelson, email@example.com; 859-225-6957
- Terra Schroeder, firstname.lastname@example.org; 859-225-6952
- Jennifer Mellenkamp, email@example.com; 859-225-6955