The American Saddlebred Horse Association has announced its annual award recipients, based on ballots tabulated by the ASHA Board of Directors.
Nominees for each award are received from the general membership and committee volunteers, screened by the ASHA Executive Committee, and voted on by the full Board from the candidates selected.
The awards will be presented at the UPHA Convention in Amelia Island, Florida.
The complete list of ASHA Major Awards recipients is as follows:
- Lifetime Achievement – David L. Howard, Shelbyville, Tenn.
- Breeders Hall of Fame – Lenore T. Weldon, New Bloomfied, Mo.
- Breeder of the Year 2017 – Silver Brook Stables, Louisville, Ky.
- Horse of the Year – Top Of The Mark, owned by Golden Creek Farms, Inc., Simpsonville, Ky.
- C.J. Cronan Sportsmanship Award – James Nichols, Metairie, La.
- Lurline Roth Sportsmanship Award – Betsy Boone, Concord, N.C.
- Meritorious Service Award – Edmund A. Perwien, Bellville, Texas.
- Wing Commander Medal – D.V.M. Alan R. Raun, Cumming, Iowa.
- Paul and Dorothy Gillenwater Family Award – Nancy-Leigh Fisher, Oconomowoc, Wisc.
- Gordon Jenkins International Award – Carson L. Kressley, New York, N.Y.
- Frank Ogletree Youth Award – Jordyn Isgrigg, Mount Washington, Ky.
- Wing Tempo Award - Singsation
Visit the ASHA Major Awards page for more information pertaining to the criteria for each award.
-- via ASHA