The American Morgan Horse Association Awards Committee has announced the following individuals will be recognized at its Annual Convention, which will take place as part of the United Professional Horsemen's Association Annual Conference, January 22-25, in Lexington, Kentucky.
* Inducted into AMHA's Hall of Fame is Judy Nason of New Hampshire.
* The Breeders' Hall of Fame honors breeders who have produced Morgans that have had a significant impact on the breed. This year's honorees is Gerald and Peggy Hatfield's Fortune Morgans of Kansas.
* The Person of the Year Award honors the individual who has made exceptional contributions to the support and preservation of the Morgan breed and/or AMHA. This year's honoree is Rick Lane of Maine.
*Inducted into the Show Horse Hall of Fame this year are Opies Boy, PVF Peace Of Mind, and Treble's Tanqueray GCH.
* Jim and Jenny Taylor of Ohio have been selected by their peers as the recipient of the Professional Horseman of the Year Award.
* The Golden Reins Award is given to Morgan professionals who have had a 30-year career in training or instruction. Josie Davis of Vermont, Nancy Flower of Ohio, and Robert Hughes of Kentucky, are this year's recipients.
* Stacy Hennessy of California is the recipient of the Cecil Brown Memorial Sportsmanship Award for her exemplary sportsmanship in and out of the show ring.
* Denny Emerson of Vermont will be honored with the Dr. Albert Lucine Promoter Award for their many years of going above and beyond in breed promotion.
* Amanda Hill of Massachusetts will be honored for her breed promotion and outreach with the Young Person Award.
* One Morgan will receive special recognition for his work with people with disabilities. This year's honoree is EF Star Performer, a therapy horse at the Sebastian Riding Associates riding barn in Pennsylvania.
* Greg Lyons will receive the Morgan International Competition Award for his promotion of the breed in Australia.
* Laura Behning of Georgia is the recipient of the 2019 Mabel Owen Media Award for her body of work focusing on color in the breed for The Morgan Horse magazine.
The AMHA Annual Convention is joining forces with UPHA Annual Conference this year and will take place at the Marriott Griffin Gate Resort, January 22-25. The hotel reservation deadline date is January 5, 2020. All registration and schedules can be found at https://www.uphaonline.com/national-conference/.
-- via AMHA