The American Morgan Horse Association Awards Committee has announced that the following individuals will be recognized at its Annual Convention, which will take place February 15-17, 2018, in Lexington, Kentucky.
- The Breeders' Hall of Fame honors breeders who have produced Morgans that have had a significant impact on the breed. This year's honorees are SARALIN FARM of Kentucky; QUEENS RIVER FARM of Rhode Island; and GRUNDEN RANCH INC. of Nebraska.
- Inducted into AMHA's Hall of Fame are BILL CARRINGTON and MARSHA SHEPARD of Tennessee.
- The Person of the Year Award honors the individual who has made particularly exceptional contributions to the support and preservation of the Morgan breed and/or AMHA. This year's honoree is SANDY SESSINK of Ohio.
- Inducted into the Show Horse Hall of Fame this year are BOWOOD ELUSIV DREAM GCH, DRAGONSMEADE CARNEGIEHALL, STONECROFT BYZANTINE, AND UVM WINDFALL GCH.
- BONNIE SOGOLOFF of Vermont has been selected by her peers as the recipient of the Professional Horseman of the Year Award.
- The Golden Reins Award is given to Morgan professionals who have had a 30-year career in training or instruction. MIKE CARPENTER of Massachusetts, and RICK LANE and DAVIND RAND of Maine are this year's recipients.
- ANNE CLIFFORD BROWN of Vermont will be honored with the Dr. Albert Lucine Promoter Award for her many years of going above and beyond in breed promotion.
- SELINA CLOUTIER of Maine will be honored for her breed promotion and outreach through her participation in events and clubs with the Young Person Award.
- One Morgan will receive special recognition for his work with people with disabilities. This year's honoree is COCO LATTE MAN, a therapy horse at the Therapeutic Riding of Tryon in Georgia.
- JUDI ANDERSON will receive the Morgan International Competition Award for support of the breed in Australia.
- HEIDI OSGOOD-METCALF is the recipient of the 2017 Mabel Owen Media Award for her contribution to the breed.
The AMHA Annual Convention will take place February 15-17, 2018 at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Lexington, Kentucky. For more information on room rates and Convention details, please go to AMHA Convention.
-- via AMHA