The American Morgan Horse Association Awards Committee has announced the following individuals will be recognized at its Annual Convention, which will take place February 22-25 in Riverside, California. Congratulations to all!
- The Breeders' Hall of Fame honors breeders who have produced Morgans that have had a significant impact on the breed. This year's honorees are Broadfields-Highover Morgans of Maine and Silver Creek Stables of California.
- Inducted into AMHA's Hall of Fame are Nancy Caisse of Massachusetts and Renee Page of Missouri.
- The Person of the Year Award honors the individual who has made particularly exceptional contributions to the support and preservation of the Morgan breed and/or AMHA. This year's honoree is Sally Plumley of Oregon.
- Inducted into the Show Horse Hall of Fame this year are Festival Calypso GCH, Funquest Berrybox, and The Master's Touch.
- Stan Bodnar of Illinois has been selected by his peers as the recipient of the Professional Award.
- The Golden Reins Award is given to Morgan professionals who have had a 30-year career in training or instruction. Jonalyn Gwinup of Oklahoma, and Gerry Rushton and Anne Speck of California are this year's recipients.
- Shanna Gish of Indiana will be awarded the Cecil Brown Memorial Sportsmanship Award, which recognizes an individual who exemplifies sportsmanship in and out of the ring during horse show competition.
- Nicki Smith-Gorecki of New York will be honored with the Dr. Albert Lucine Promoter Award for her many years of going above and beyond in breed promotion.
- Kate Rawlinson of Nebraska will be honored for her breed promotion and outreach through her participation in events and clubs with the Young Person Award.
- One Morgan will receive special recognition for his work with people with disabilities. This year's honoree is Mantic Mardi Gras, a therapy horse at Miller Equestrian Services in California and is owned by Ann and Frank Miller of Escondido.
- Stefanie Putnam of California will be honored for her competition in the 2016 Paralympics by receiving the Morgan International Competition Award.
The AMHA Annual Convention will take place February 22-25, 2017 at the Mission Inn & Spa in Riverside, California. For more information on room rates and Convention details, please go to AMHA Convention.
-- via AMHA