US Equestrian announced details of the "Discover the Joy Tour," which will stop at competitions throughout the year, bringing the joy of horse sports to fans across the United States. The tour begins in Omaha, Nebraska, at the Longines FEI World Cup™ Jumping & FEI World Cup™ Dressage Finals, and will engage fans through athlete meet-and-greets, interactive photo elements, US Equestrian merchandise giveaways, and more.
The "Discover the Joy Tour" is scheduled to activate at the following events. As well, US Equestrian is working to add stops at additional breed and discipline shows:
- Longines FEI World Cup™ Jumping & FEI World Cup™ Dressage Finals: March 29-April 2 at the CenturyLink Center in Omaha, Nebraska.
- Rolex Kentucky Three-Day Event presented by Land Rover: April 27-30 at the Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington, Kentucky.
- Intercollegiate Horse Shows Association Finals: May 4-7 at the Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington, Kentucky.
- U.S. Dressage Festival of Champions: May 18-21 at the United States Equestrian Team (USET) Foundation Headquarters in Gladstone, New Jersey.
- Devon Horse Show: May 25-June 4 at the Devon Horse Show and Country Fair Grounds in Devon, Pennsylvania.
- Lexington Junior League Charity Horse Show: July 3-8 at the Red Mile in Lexington, Kentucky.
- Adequan/FEI North American Junior and Young Rider Championship presented by Gotham North: July 18-23 at HITS-on-the-Hudson in Saugerties, New York, and at Rebecca Farm in Kalispell, Montana.
- USEF Pony Finals presented by Collecting Gaits Farm: August 8-13 at the Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington, Kentucky.
- U.S. Dressage Festival of Champions and USEF Young & Developing Horse Dressage National Championships: August 24-27 at the Lamplight Equestrian Center in Wayne, Illinois.
- Platinum Performance/USEF Show Jumping Talent Search Finals - East: October 6-8 at the USET Foundation Headquarters in Gladstone, New Jersey.
- Washington International Horse Show: October 24-29 at the Verizon Center in Washington, D.C.
- American Association of Equine Practitioners Annual Convention and Trade Show: November 17-21 at the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center in in San Antonio, Texas.
“The 'Discover the Joy Tour' is just one of the many ways US Equestrian is striving to bring the joy of horse sports to as many people as possible,” said USEF CEO Bill Moroney. “Through the tour, we’ll be able to excite fans across the U.S. about the campaign, which celebrates the universal emotional insight that horse sports bring across all breeds, disciplines, age groups, and levels.”
US Equestrian officially launched the “Discover the Joy of Horse Sports” campaign at the USEF Annual Meeting on January 11. From novice riders to international elite equestrian athletes, US Equestrian’s mission is to bring the joy of horse sports to competitors and fans alike. Truly a lifelong endeavor, equestrian is the one sport where horse and human form a special bond and compete as one.
For more information on the Discover the Joy Tour, visit usequestrian.org/.
-- via US Equestrian