The Board of Directors had voted to move the National Breeder’s Futurity (NBF) and make significant changes to the program in October. The NBF has been one of the cornerstone programs of the American Hackney Horse Society since 1973. The location of NBF has been the Ohio State Fair since 1994, the Board of Directors felt a change in location would benefit the program and entertained two excellent proposals for a new location. The proposal from the All-American Horse Classic held in Indianapolis, Indiana was accepted December 19, 2012. Below are elements of the proposal and changes that were made to the program. The American Hackney Horse Society would like to thank the Ohio State Fair for its contributions and commitment to the National Breeder’s Futurity during the years it hosted this important program.
The approved proposal with the All-American Horse Classic contains the following:
- AAHC will add six hand classes and five performance classes, a total 11 classes to accommodate the NBF.
- Provide a separate judge for the NBF and the Hoosier Hackney Futurity (HHF)
- Promote the NBF through press releases and e-mail blasts.
- Provide special stall rate for weanling, yearling and two year old entries of $75. (Regular rate $115).
- This is a five year contract (2013-2017) with option to renew.
- In addition to the AAHC proposal a group of “Friends of the Hackney Futurity” (not associated with AAHC) has organized and committed to contribute a minimum of $10,000 for a minimum of three years to the NBF.
The Board of Directors has also approved a buy-in provision for three years. This will allow anyone who has not nominated in the program to participate by paying past fees and a penalty amount. More details will be provided in the future.
NOW IS THE TIME TO GET ON BOARD !!!!!!
Any questions or comments can be directed NBF committee members:
- Vern Houston
- Matt Schuckert
- Rodney Hicks
- Jay Kolkman