The American Saddlebred Horse Association is informing World's Championship Horse Show attendees of news regarding golf carts and traffic at this year's horse show.
- The Louisville Metro Police will not be allowing vehicles to turn left on Phillips Lane from the airport or the Watterson Expressway exit. Thus, for people that are staying at any hotels in that area will either have to enter through the main fair gate area and make a u-turn to get back to Phillips lane or, alternatively they can exit Watterson Expressway at Crittendan Drive and turn right on Phillips Lane to access hotel entrances.
- There will be a gate for Exhibitors only that is located next to the Courtyard by Marriott. Note, this entrance will not be marked by any signage, but will be open for exhibitors that have an exhibitor parking pass or any other type of pass/ticket/credential that identifies them as an exhibitor/trainer/groom/seat holder, etc.
- Golf Carts WILL NOT be allowed to enter the fairgrounds via the sidewalk “pedestrian” walk in gates as they have in the past. Instead, golf carts will now have to enter through the new exhibitors' entrance located next to the Courtyard by Marriott OR through the regular traffic lanes for vehicles at the gates.
- New this year will be three “Express Lanes” at the main entrance off Phillips Lane. These lanes will be available for anyone that has a ticket or any type of credential for entry into the fair. Thus, these lanes will not be available for any car or persons needing to buy a ticket for the fair, these lanes will only be for people that already have tickets/credential in hand.
- Golf Carts will exit through the traditional exit path to Phillips Lane that was established a few years ago.
-- via ASHA