The American Saddlebred Horse Association is soliciting nominations for new ASHA Board members. Nominations will be accepted from Friday, August 15, through Monday, September 15. Interested persons should send a Board nomination form to the attention of Katriona Adams, firstname.lastname@example.org
. Forms can be found on the ASHA website at www.asha.net/files/ASHA_boardnomination.pdf
The expectations of an ASHA board member are as follows:
- In-person attendance at ASHA Board meetings 3 times a year, typically held (i) in January/February in conjunction with the annual membership meeting of the ASHA; (ii) on the second Tuesday of July in Lexington; and (ii) on Tuesday evening and Wednesday morning the last week of October in Lexington.
- Attendance at any special ASHA board meetings, which may be called on an as-needed basis via telephone conference call.
- Active participation on at least one ASHA Committee (full information on ASHA Committees is listed on the ASHA website).
- Annual financial donation to the ASHA (which is tax-deductible) at whatever level is comfortable.
- Participation in monthly telephone conference calls of the ASHA Executive Committee when possible; calls are held on the second Monday of every month, 5:30 – 7 p.m. EDT.
The ASHA Board is composed of a total of 18 members, elected for 3-year terms. Terms are staggered such that 6 directors are elected every year and are permitted to serve 2 consecutive 3-year terms. The Board of Directors of the Registry consists of a total of 13 members, at least 6 of which must be Directors of the ASHA at the time of their election to the Registry Board.