The American Saddlebred Horse Association has announced its annual award recipients, based on ballots tabulated by the ASHA Board of Directors.
Nominees for each award are received from the general membership and committee volunteers, screened by the ASHA Executive Committee, and voted on by the full Board from the candidates selected. The awards are presented at the UPHA Convention in New Orleans.
The complete list of ASHA Major Awards recipients is as follows:
- Lifetime Achievement – Joan Lurie, Simpsonville, Kentucky
- Breeders Hall of Fame – Mary Gaylord McClean, Simpsonville, Kentucky
- Breeder of the Year 2016 – Scott Hagan, Louisville, Kentucky
- Horse of the Year – Top Of The Mark, owned by Golden Creek Farms Inc., Simpsonville, Kentucky
- C.J. “June” Cronan Sportsmanship – William Marple, Dallas, Texas
- Mrs. Lurline Roth Sportsmanship – Kathy Capsuto-Walker, Shelbyville, Kentucky
- Meritorious Service – Charles Herbert, Jr., Evansville, Indiana
- Wing Commander Medal – Nancy Leigh-Fisher, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin; Carolyn Koch, Chapel Hill, North Carolina; Mollie Kregor, Lexington, Kentucky
- Gillenwater Family Trophy – Lackey/Sanchez Family, Hiddenite, North Carolina
- Frank Ogletree Youth Award – Eleanor and Caroline Rainbolt-Forbes, Oklahoma, City, Oklahoma
Visit the ASHA Major Awards page for more information pertaining to the criteria for each award.
-- via ASHA