The American Morgan Horse Association has announced the 2017 Breed Promotion Grant recipients. This program was established in 2015 to help organizations with their Morgan horse promotional efforts.
The selection committee carefully reviewed each application and applauds everyone's hard work on their submissions. The following awardees will be promoting the Morgan breed to nearly more than one million people across the country and in Australia!
- The Champlain Valley Morgan Horse Club will be promoting the breed at the 2017 Clinton County Fair at "The Morgan Horse Row."
- The Connecticut Morgan Horse Association, Inc. will hold an all-breed saddle-fitting clinic.
- The Cornerstone Morgan Horse Inc. will be promoting the breed at three Mother Earth New Fairs across the country.
- Friends of Pt. Reyes Morgan Horse Ranch to help with the promotion and upkeep of the breed Morgan Horse Ranch at Pt. Reyes.
- The Morgan Horse Association of Oregon to assist with breed demos at two local equine expos.
- The Missouri Valley Morgan Horse Club for updated breed and club promotional materials.
- The Morgan Stock Horse Association to place advertisements in "Western Horseman" magazine.
- The Morgan Horse Association of Australia to promote the breed at its national Morgan horse show.
- The Morgan Horse Club of Washington State for breed promotion at the Washington State Horse Expo
- The New York State Morgan Horse Society received two grants: one for breed promotion at the state fair, and one for a promotional booth at the Western New York Equifest Equine Exposition.
- The Show Me Morgan Horse Club for breed promotion at the Ozark Spring Roundup trade show.
- W. H. Miner Agricultural Research Institute for promotion at the 2017 Equine Affaire.
- The Wisconsin Morgan Horse Club for promotion at the Midwest Horse Fair.
Congratulations to all! AMHA encourages submissions for 2018. The grant period opens on October 1, 2017 and will close on January 15, 2018.
If you have any questions, please contact Chris Koliander at AMHA, (802) 985-4944, email@example.com.
-- via AMHA